Terms & Conditions
It is against the law to sell or supply intoxicating substances to persons under 18 years of age in the UK. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Our couriers are instructed to ensure the person signing for the goods is of the legal age to purchase alcoholic beverages and will request some form of ID to prove this. In the event that this is not satisfied they are not permitted to leave the goods.
- You must be aged 18 or over to purchase alcoholic beverages. It is an offence to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18 in the UK.
- When ordering and making a payment you are declaring that you are aged 18 or over.
- If your order is a gift please ensure the recipient is 18 years or older.
- The Curious Hop reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time.
- The Terms and Conditions on The Curious Hop Ltd website supersede all others.
- All prices are quoted in pounds sterling.
- We aim to ensure the prices shown on our website are correct. In the event that a mistake does occur we will contact you to enquire whether you wish to proceed with the transaction.
- Your order is an offer to The Curious Hop Ltd to buy the products in your order. When you place an order we will send you an automatic confirmation e-mail. This e-mail is acknowledgement that we have received your order and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the products ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale, when we dispatch the products to you.
- Whilst every effort is made to supply all items listed online, there are instances where this may not be possible. In these cases we will contact you and offer a substitute.
- The Curious Hop Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss, consequential loss or damage to any individual or business which may have occurred from the use (or misuse) of any product or any information contained on this website.
- We cannot accept responsibility for delivery failure if you provide an incorrect address and postal code or incorrect contact telephone number or do not ensure an adult is present to accept the delivery. Please check your information when placing your order.
Cancellations of Orders
- We will cancel your order and refund any payment provided cancellation is in writing within 7 days after the receipt of the beers and that the beers are returned in good condition, unopened and sealed as required by the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014.
- To cancel orders, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also write a letter to us using the following mailing address: The Curious Hop Ltd, 18 New Market, Otley, Leeds, LS21 3AE
- Refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of cancellation.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the goods are correctly repackaged and safely returned.
- You are responsible for any costs incurred in returning your order. Please ensure you keep receipt of posting as evidence of your return.
- Payment can only be made using credit/debit cards through the website.
- Card payments are made through a secure server. We do not have access to your bank account/card details. Your personal details are not passed to any third party.
- Your payment will appear Curious Hop on your bank/credit card statement.
- Payment will be taken at the time of ordering.
- We will use our best endeavours to deliver your order promptly but cannot accept any liability for a delay, howsoever caused. We do not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays unless by prior arrangement. This service will incur additional charges.
- Customers must select the appropriate delivery zone when submitting their order. The Curious Hop accepts no liability for failure by the customer to select the correct delivery zone and all additional delivery costs incurred from inaccurate selections will be passed on to the customer and must be paid in full prior to dispatch of the order.
- If the first delivery attempt is unsuccessful, a charge of £4.00 per consignment will be raised for each subsequent delivery attempt. The consignment will be returned to the sender after 5 working days from the due date of delivery if further delivery instructions are not received. There will be no re-delivery charge when a delivery is made later in the same day
- Deliveries must be signed for by a person of 18 years or older. If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. We reserve the right to cancel the delivery if the age and identity of the recipient is in doubt.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an adult over the age of 18 is at the delivery address to sign for receipt of the goods.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to report goods damaged in transit.
- Alcohol is best enjoyed in moderation. Find out more here: http://www.drinkaware.co.uk
If you receive your products in a poor condition (e.g. broken bottles or spoiled beers), please inform us immediately calling 01943 851353 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
We will issue a refund on spoiled or damaged bottles only.
Refunds will be issued within 30 days after the beers have been delivered.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Copyright and IP Rights
All copyright belongs to The Curious Hop Ltd unless stated otherwise.